Monday, August 16, 2010

Introduction to wandering and wondering





"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams,
live the life you have imagined" HDT

This is my first attempt at blogging. My hope is this may be a nice medium to express my random thoughts and ponderings. In no way is the purpose to be offensive or negative. However if I express something you don't agree with or that offends you, please feel free to not read any further. (Disclaimer)

First quote is a quote that I have had framed in my bedroom for about 20 years now. I pull inspiration from it often, and it helps me focus on the positive side of life. It may not be my favorite quote. It may not be my most inspirational quote. It may not be the one that gave me strength at a vital time. But it is my "work horse" daily grind quote.

I foresee much of my blogging to be wrapped around quotes and daily thoughts.

I have been very blessed in my life. I have focused on goals and positive situations, and I believe by doing so I have had great success in living a very full and mostly happy life.


THE ROAD NOT TAKEN


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair.
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads to on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in the wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost (1874-1963)



This is a vital poem. I think that there are many different trains of thought. This point to me on a personal level separates individuals who are courageous enough to pursue self actualization and not be swept up in a very Nietzsche life of living like one of a flock. Self actualization doesn't mean that you have to be the "black sheep", but rather find your own individuality.

Nietzsche also held that the ideals of human equality perpetuate mediocrity. Interesting concept that we may revisit in a future blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment